The name given to many games played with balls of various shapes that may or may not primarily involve the use of feet.
Football can refer to:
- Association football, the most popular of these games. The term association football is never used. Soccer is preferred in the U.S., but football should be used when referring to teams and competitions elsewhere.
- American football.
- Australian rules football, officially known as Australian football, also footy, or Aussie rules.
- Rugby Union, usually referred to as rugby, or rugby football
- Rugby League, always takes the full name to disambiguate from rugby union.
- Gaelic football in Ireland is only referred to as such for clarity. Sometimes GAA, the name of the association which governs the sport.